Why should I learn Ruby on Rails?
There are plenty of good reasons to learn Ruby on Rails.
- You want to build web applications. This what Rails was built for. Rails includes everything needed to build a web application
- Many software developers who use Ruby on Rails say that they can build and release software in a shorter amount of time when using Rails as compared to other platforms.
- A large community of developers build and release plugins, libraries, documentation and tutorials for Rails, resulting in a rich set of resources to help build your application (all for free!)
- Rails is a community run project and is not controlled by any one person or company. It's not a loss leader used to shoehorn you into buying some sort of software or service, it's goal is strictly to be the best platform for building web applications.
- Many software developers enjoy using Ruby and Rails. You might enjoy it to.